What is Pay-Per-Click?
Pay-Per-Click, or PPC, is an Internet Marketing model in which advertisers pay a certain amount of money each time one of their ads is clicked. Search Engine Marketing is one of the most popular forms of PPC. This allows advertisers to bid on keywords that they would like their advertisements to show up for in the Sponsored Links section of the search engine results when a person searches for that keyword.
For example, as a web design company in Frederick, Maryland, we would like to be found by anyone in the area that is searching for web design, so we may choose to bid on the keywords “web design” and “website design.” By bidding on these keywords, anytime someone searches for them, our ads may show up in the very top spot of the search engine results.
The Pay-Per-Click Process
Here at EKDesigns in Frederick, Maryland, we put a lot of hard work and dedication into our PPC campaigns, because that is what it takes. We begin our process by setting goals for your PPC campaign. A few questions we will need to think about:
- Who are we trying to target? When developing a PPC campaign, you need to determine who you are trying to reach and think about how they would search for your business. This will help in choosing keywords, creating ads, and building landing pages that they will respond positively to.
- What outcome do we want for our users? Once a person clicks on an ad that we have created, what do we want them to do next: phone call? email? quote? purchase? We can include these calls to action in our advertisements and landing pages.
- How will we determine if our PPC campaign has been successful? We will need to set up a way to measure our successes before launching a PPC campaign. This could include tracking codes.
The next step in the PPC process is to conduct keyword research. This may be the most important step in the process, and it is also the most time-consuming. The entire campaign is built around your chosen keywords. They will be integrated into both your advertisements and your landing pages, and they will be what you will be bidding on. An efficient and effective PPC keyword list should be be relevant to your business, but it should also include both popular keywords, as well as more specific keywords that will be less competitive, and therefore, less expensive. Once we have built an great keyword list, we will divide it into smaller ad groups. This will help us to create ads and landing pages that are more specific to our target audience. From here, we will begin our bidding. Google uses a metric called Ad Rank to determine whose ad will appear in the search engine results. This Ad Rank is determined by multiplying the maximum bid an advertiser is willing to spend by their Quality Score (a combination of landing page quality, click through rate, and relevance of ads).
The final step in the process is to track our PPC campaign. Using the tracking codes that we have set up, we will be able to determine whether or not our campaign is going as planned. This will allow us to make any necessary adjustments to our keywords, advertisements, landing pages, or bids.
- Short-Term – Unlike Search Engine Optimization, PPC campaigns can be launched much more quickly. Whereas both strategies require time-consuming keyword research, PPC can see results almost instantly, while SEO may take months to see results.
- Highly Targeted – Because different advertisements can be assigned for specific keywords, demographics, and locations, the quality of the traffic from these ads can increase dramatically. PPC ads can also be set to display during certain time periods, when you receive the most traffic to your website.
- Testing Capabilities – PPC allows you to test different keywords with minimal risk. It also offers a great way to test the effectiveness of two separate landing pages, by directing traffic to both to determine which one has a higher conversion rate.
- More Traffic – PPC campaigns are just another way for you to reach your customers, by expanding your online visibility and sending highly qualified traffic to your website.
If you are interested in using the Pay-Per-Click Advertising services of EKDesigns in Frederick, Maryland, please call us at (301) 663-6000 or send an email to email@example.com.